Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Table Manners


Recently at the Indian restaurant the waitperson gave Linus a little melamine bowl for his food. He did a good job with it and didn't toss it on the floor. I decided he was ready for his own plates. We went to Target and I got him some fun melamine plates from the summer/picnic aisle. One has fish, another has suns, one is gingham, and one is shaped like a strawberry. They are lots more fun than the plates in the kid department. That night with dinner he used the strawberry plate. We've started giving him his spoon, but he mostly just plays with it. Once in a while, when his food is gone, he puts the plate up to his face or on his head. For the three weeks when we wouldn't have our things here, I got Linus a travel booster seat. We now have it at the dining table and he eats dinner at the table with us instead of in his high chair. Breakfast and lunch tend to be in the high chair in the kitchen.

A few evenings ago I asked Linus if he could give me a hug and kiss. I hadn't done this before and didn't know what I'd get. He leaned in close and put his mouth on my nose. I thanked him and then asked if I could give him a kiss. He leaned in and put his nose in my mouth. So sweet and goofy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I want a Linus kiss!! He is such a sweet boy.

Anonymous said...

John just said last night that he can't wait for the day that Juniper can hug him...you are so lucky to be getting kisses from Linus!!

Anonymous said...

awwwwww