Linus is very interested in birds right now. I checked out some birding books from the library. One of them is about 250 pages long and has a player. Linus likes to push to hear each bird's song and I tell him about the bird on each page. In the picture he is showing the book to Matthew. He has a number of nature books and when we read them he points to every bird and says, "That's a..." and expects me to know what every bird on Earth is. He makes a good whippoorwill call with the right inflection. I think I'll assign him to bird feeder duty at the new house.
Today I met the neighbor on the south side of us. Her kids are one and three. New friends for Linus!
2 comments:
I see Linus is also enjoying a Mo Willems book. He's the best. We had a Mo Willems Christmas. I got a Pigeon t-shirt that says "I have dreams you know", Brandon got a stuffed Pigeon that yells "Let me drive the bus!" and we all got a tote bag for our library books that has Pigeon reading a book on it.
I'm glad Linus will have some new friends right next door. That's wonderful!
Post a Comment