Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Longest Sentence


Last night during bedtime stories Linus said his longest sentence to date: "That's a horse sleeping."  I did a happy dance on the inside. I really do enjoy witnessing his language development.
He was a good sport about moving yesterday, but today he wasn't very happy about it.  He brought some more toys to the new house, but then didn't want to play with them.  So after I unloaded a car full of very heavy boxes (we have too many books!), we ran an errand and then hung out together at the old place.
While running the errand I witnessed a hit and run accident and it certainly was a stressful experience.  Colfax Avenue has four lanes, plus turning lanes going in each direction.  A sports car sped out of a side street right into an oncoming SUV.  Between the force of the impact and the SUV driver's defensive driving, he was heading in our direction.  I immediately pulled over into the street parking to get as far over as I could.  Then I witnessed the sports car back up, turn into traffic, and speed away.  The SUV was in a turn lane going in the wrong direction. I called over traffic to ask if they were all okay. They were and called the police. Another car pulled up behind me and we both stuck around to serve as witnesses.  While waiting for the police I almost broke down crying to relieve the stress of thinking that the vehicles were going to crash into us. More importantly, crash into Linus. I held it together and then it turns out none of us were good witnesses because we couldn't describe the driver at all.  Linus liked that the officer peeked his head into the car and said hi to him.

Here is a picture of Linus walking around the new house with my shoes on.  He likes walking around with Matthew's sandals on.  He has also started trying to put his own socks on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that accident. Sounds scary and I'm glad you're both okay.

About the shoes. Tee-hee. I remember Brandon doing this when he was this age!! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Good quick thinking, Stacey! Holy crow that must have been scarey. We all know life is fragile and we are all vulnerable, but being reminded is no fun at all. I am so glad you are both OK.
Hugs to you both! all 3 in fact!
love,
Jean