Linus and I continue to make two trips per day to the new house. His new role is to play doorman. As I go out to the car, he closes the door most of the way. When I return with a box he pulls it open and I enthusiastically say, "Thank you so much doorman. What a great doorman you are!" This keeps him entertained and from running free up the block looking for the orange and white neighborhood cat that he wants to befriend.
I painted Linus' room a bright blue. I'm very happy with the color, but Matthew doesn't seem to be sold on it. I painted his bookcases a darker blue, but I don't like how they turned out. The intensity of both the walls and the shelves together hurts my eyes. I'm now going to paint the shelves a light green and hope to create a nice reading nook for him in his room. I obtained the book cases in 1989 by rescuing them from a dumpster outside my apartment building. They were my first bookcases and, even though there is a chunk of wood missing from the top front of one of them from one of my drunk college friends trying to open a beer bottle on it (yes, I attended school in Wisconsin!), I've kept them all this time. Now they get repurposed for Linus.
Linus likes the new house and enjoys jumping in piles of packing paper. He also likes looking at books that were in storage because when we moved here a year ago he wasn't ready for them. Now he is and so he got an entire box of new books.
3 comments:
I think a light green would look great with the walls. I agree that together the blues are slightly jarring.
He sure looks comfy in the packing paper! The blues ARE very bright, but I think the green will tone it all down a bit!
Once upon a time, very long ago, I lived in an apartment in Providence, RI with a long wall similar to that color. My roommate and I had asked for light blue green and we got swimming pool blue! by the time we were established with furniture and curtains, maybe a picture or two on the wall, we did not notice it.
In the 70s pale was in style; now "saturated" colors are in style.
Go with what you like. I would have gone with bookcases in (pale) taupe [being stuck in the past], probably, but little kids like bright colors.
love,
Jean
Post a Comment