Linus has picked up the mowing bug from Bennett. I bought him a mower last summer when he was interested in trying out Bennett's mower, but he wouldn't share with Linus. Linus hardly played with it. On nice days recently we encountered all three of Bennett's mowers in his front yard. (He is obsessed with mowing and somehow ended up with three of them. I forget why. Dawn ends up mowing neighbors' lawns because Bennett likes to mow alongside her.) So on our walk up the block from Lucero's house, Linus ran up the lawn and grabbed one of the mowers and began mowing. Then Charlotte got home from day care and she joined in. They were adorable mowing together.
Yesterday I brought the mower to the new house and Linus mows in the back yard while I haul boxes in and unpack. I'm really glad to have a safe back yard for Linus.
About the walk home from Lucero's house; sometimes it can take 45 minutes to get in our door. Linus insists on going down her slide a number of times before I can cajole him into heading home so I can make dinner. Two houses later he encounters Bennett's mowers and dump truck. We stop so he can play. Then, as I've nearly convinced Linus to head home, Charlotte comes out of the very next house and the two of them play. There are only five houses between ours and Lucero's, but boy does it take a long time to get home.
1 comment:
Oh, they do look cute mowing together! I'm glad you're only moving 3 blocks away. But imagine how long the walk home will take now!!
Post a Comment