Linus made a valiant effort to ride Lucero's trike last week. He stuck with it and made many attempts to get the pedals to go around. I guess it is time to think about buying him a trike. He also needs a sandbox because he keeps trying to climb into the sand/water table he has.
Yesterday and today Linus lined up a number of his stuffed animals and plastic figures and said, "Time for program." He then proceeded to "read" them a book. He took great care in ensuring each toy got a good look at the pictures. He was being the story time librarian! I can't wait to tell her about it next week. One time he placed the small plastic figures in the laps of the larger stuffed animals, just like some of the kids sit in their caregiver's lap.
Linus was drumming today and said, "I'm Jonathan. Mama, clap." Then he put down the drumsticks and drummed with his hands while telling me, "Jonathan uses his hands." Jonathan is one of Matthew's coworkers who drums for fun. We really enjoy his performances and go to see him when he plays at the Gardens. Jonathan always lets Linus beat on his drum.
Linus' favorite song to sing right now is Baa, Baa Black Sheep. Most of the time he just loudly bellows, "BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP!" Now and then he sings all of the words at a more reasonable volume. I still haven't figured out what possesses him to holler out the first line like that at odd times.
3 comments:
He looks so cute on the trike!! I wish I could hear him sing his song!
These Linus stories crack me up. I still have Brandon's trike and helmet. I wonder if it's cheaper for me to ship that to you than it is to just buy new....
I keep telling you, he's practicing for his death metal band's remakes of famous childhood songs and nursery rhymes. :)
Post a Comment