Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Linus and Lyz




I'm behind on posting because Lyz was here for a visit and I didn't want to waste a minute of my time to talk with her.  Linus ADORES Lyz.  She is the only person he's met that he put ahead of me on several occasions.  There were times when he only wanted her to read to him.  I was amazed.  Whenever she left the room he'd ask, "Where Lyz?"  He would head downstairs to find her and they'd play a silly game, such as tossing my stuffed animals onto the air mattress guest bed.  

Linus still pronounces the letter l at the beginning of a word as a y, so he pronounced Lyz as Yiz, which sounded funny and cute.  One thing that was less cute was the way he'd hold his hand out to me and say, "Stop talking."  He always wanted both of us to give him all of our attention and not talk to one another.  Sometimes we'd try whispering while he played, but he always caught us.

Lyz brought Linus a very cute owl kite that is just the right size for him.  We had fun running around in City Park with it.  He thinks it is great fun to chase after us as we run with it.  We, of course, tire out more quickly than he does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyz is lucky to get to be with Linus. Brandon also did the "y" sound for his "l"s which is why Sara's ferret was Yizzy da Feddet. Awwwwww......good times.

Anonymous said...

I agree! I miss him terribly!! (and you, of course!!!)