Saturday, July 26, 2008

Playing Librarian


Here is Linus leading what he refers to as program.  He always has a very attentive audience.
I left the room for maybe five minutes and I came in to find Linus like this.  I really got a kick out of his balancing act, but I kept that response to myself, took a quick photo, and then told him it wasn't safe for him to be up there like that. He hasn't tried it again so perhaps he got it out of his system.  Notice that teddy bear, police duck, lovey, and bink were accomplices.  He's been big on carrying any number of toys around at all time.  He must be going through another emotional development phase; he wants bink and lovey with him at all times.  His friend Anna is the same way. She showed up to the library with her lovey, baby, and two Ziploc bags filled with little toys.

At dinner tonight Linus said, "I like dinner, mama.  Mama make a good dinner." We were dining on a new recipe I tried for new red potatoes and green beans with butter and garlic, leftover soba noodles with veggies, and leftover mac and cheese with broccoli and cauliflower in it.  It wasn't the best meal I've ever served, but it made Linus happy.  Matthew has done a good job of teaching and modeling Linus on thanking the cook. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linus is so endearing in so many ways. Do you notice how he cares for his animals and dolls? I think he is a gentle soul with a very big heart.

And cute!! unbelievably cute!
Jean

Anonymous said...

Oooh...he looks quite precarious up there on his perch. He is a very sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

Susan says:
Linus up on that chair reminds me of Poltergeist. I just read the book. What a very funny picture!