Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookie Party



We hosted a Christmas cookie party on Saturday and invited our neighbors.  One of the best parts was that Erin brought six-week-old baby Grace over.  She has the sweetest little bow shaped mouth.  Two of our kid guests played most of the time while Linus stayed at the table rolling out, icing, and decorating cookies. I was amazed at his staying power.  He also ate a bunch of cookies.
  
It was so cute watching Linus try to share his toys with Grace.  He put his baby doll right on top of her.  Good thing the doll is so small.  He giggled each time he reached out and touched her.  

We are inundated with Christmas cookies right now.  I attended a cookie exchange Friday night and came home with six dozen cookies.  I only succeeded in getting one person to take cookies home from our party, so we have probably eight dozen or so. I sent a bunch of them to work with Matthew.

Lyz sent Linus a scarf and he was so excited about receiving a package in the mail that he could open right away.  (We've been stowing Christmas packages away.)  One would have thought he'd received gold in the mail; he was that excited.  He said, "It was thoughtful of her to send it to me."  Then he ran around the house wearing it rather proudly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Grace has a cute back-of-the-head. I wonder what little kids think when they see tiny babies. How nice that Linus got a present he didn't have to wait to open.

Anonymous said...

What an articulate kid. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the word "thoughtful" at age 2, in any language.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara said: You could send me some cookies! I am craving sweets. In fact, I opened a box of chocolates we bought for somebody and helped myself. Oh well!