Sunday, April 12, 2009

Third Birthday





This year Linus' birthday celebration lasted over a week. The fun hasn't quite stopped yet. I heard evidence of this when Linus asked me today where his growth chart was. I told him I had put it away until next year. He said, "But it is still part of my celebration birthday this year."

On his actual birthday Matthew took the day off from work so we could celebrate together. Linus has been on a raspberry kick so I baked a special breakfast of Lemon Raspberry French Toast Strata. It was so easy to make, but looked gorgeous and tasted lovely.

As he opened gifts I tried to keep up taking notes of what he said about things, but it was hard to do. He first opened up a Magic Garden kit from Star, John, and Junie and exclaimed, "They're beautiful! Yay! Oooooooooh!" His comment when he opened a present from Stephanie, Brian, and Brandon was, "A book! A book! Look Matthew, a book!" He was hilarious as he tried to figure out what the present was as he opened the one from us that was Curious George pajamas: "It's this! It's that!" As he opened up each gift he'd run to his room to put them away. (I'm all for that kind of behavior.) He received an ant farm and ant book from Sara and Billy and he wanted to get the ants immediately. He asked to go outside and catch some. While he started playing with his gifts I started cleaning up and he told me, "You're the best birthday mama." What a sweet compliment that was to receive.

He loves all of his gifts and they are all perfect for him. Thank you everyone for your thoughtful gifts.

(He has been cracking us up as he gallops around the house on the stick horse we got him. He chose to wear his plaid shirt that day, which he calls his "handsome shirt.")

2 comments:

BryAnn said...

happy birthday, Linus!

Star said...

I'm so glad he had a fun birthday. I thought you guys would have a blast with the sunprint kit and the magic garden...I know he's curious and will want you to explain to him how they work. :) Post a photo of him in his Curious George pajamas! We have zillions of George things around here, but it's always fun to see more!!