Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fast Approaching Summer



We've had very pleasant weather that is changing over to hot weather in the next day or so. Linus and I have been spending much of every day outside. He continues to have a cold, so we cancelled our play dates with friends and did things in the yard instead. Linus is a good helper with yard work. I let him use the hand trimmers to cut the edges of the lawn and that made him feel like a big kid. He's been telling people, "I was two and now I'm three. I'm growing up." He also helped me refinish the porch swing. I had someone out to work on the sprinkler system. Linus ran through the sprinklers in his swim trunks and looked like the epitome of summer.

Linus has a new cousin. Baby Evan was born to Sara and Billy on Wednesday, which means he shares a birthday with cousin Brandon. I drove Linus batty with my running to check my email for updates on the birth. Linus really likes babies and it will be fun to see him with Evan when we visit Wisconsin in a few weeks.

Sara and Billy got Linus an ant farm for his birthday. We've been having such a fun time with the ants since they arrived on Friday. After we had them settled into their new home, Linus told me, "Now I need a queen." When I asked why, he said, "Because she'll lay eggs, and then we'll have babies, and then they'll grow up." That is just like him to be thinking ahead to the next step.

Matthew and I got to sleep in on Saturday. Linus was hungry when he woke up and got himself yogurt to eat. He did come to ask Matthew to get him a napkin. After he ate, he went back to bed. Later I saw the rubber jar opener thing and Matthew said Linus got it out to open his yogurt.

He has been very loving lately. At random times during the day he tells me, "I love you, mama."

6 comments:

Star said...

What cute photos! I can't believe he served himself yogurt. How funny! Ahhh...sleeping in. What's that???!

BryAnn said...

awwwww

stephanie said...

Linus looks so beautiful in the ant farm photo.

stephanie said...

You know, those ants look really big. Kind of creepy. Are they the ants from Star's kitchen???

Stacey said...

I've grown rather attached to the little buggers. We are enjoying watching them. They are cute when they clean themselves and when they sleep they tuck their heads down.

Star said...

I'm happy that Linus got all of our ants...we haven't seen one in ages! Thank goodness. If I see more, I'll send them his way. ;)