Sunday, May 24, 2009

Matthew's Birthday




The three of us had fun celebrating Matthew's birthday on Monday. I baked a cake and Linus helped me frost it. I handed him the jar of sprinkles and told him to decorate it. I left the room so that I wouldn't hover over him and tell him how to do it. It turned out great! My favorite thing about it was the corner where there was a solid layer of sprinkles.

We treated Matthew to eating out at a sushi restaurant, which made him very happy. Linus tried his very first sushi, which had a vinegary plum center and no fish. The vinegar taste was too much for him, resulting in a funny, I-don't-like-this expression on his face. He was a good sport about it. When the server offered Matthew free dessert for his birthday, Linus told her quite excitedly, "We have cake and ice cream at home!"

I took Linus to a nursery to pick out a cactus for Matthew. When I asked him if he wanted to make Matthew a card he told me he'd already made one for him. Wow! I was surprised by that.

2 comments:

Star said...

Of COURSE Linus had already made a card...he's your sweet, thoughtful boy! :)

Hope Matthew had a happy birthday!

BryAnn said...

I am so impressed that he's able to use the chopsticks, even with the end rubberbanded together.

How's he like the sushi?