Matthew shared with me that tonight, while I was out running errands, Linus said to him in a deep, growly kind of voice, "Darth Vader!" I burst into tears. They were not the happy kind of tears. It breaks my heart that babyhood has nearly all faded away.
And to add to this, Lisa told me today that his face looks different. I'm not sure how, exactly, but I did notice recently how much longer his neck appears to be. Jean warned me about this one.
5 comments:
We mothers seem to face a neverending series of moments where our hearts clench up in our chests because we realize our little ones are growing up. I would have cried, too. They grow up so very fast. :(
Linus is such a beautiful person, don't forget to feel proud too. You and Matthew are doing a wonderful job.
Do you reckon he is thinking about the "Dark Side" of a person? How impossible it is to always be good? I think when you are raised in such a gentle and loving home, you really have to work to understand the Darth Vader idea.
Love,
Jean
Gack. How horrible. I sometimes wish I had put Brandon in a bubble and never let anyone change him.
I have to agree with Jean. Does he actually know who Darth Vader is, or is he just imitating something he heard another child say? Either way, it's scary when you realize that aren't the only one influencing your child.
He definitely had an idea of DV being something rough or tough, but in a very non-specific way.
I finally told him DV was in charge of some things (okay, imperial space armada, but still, just a boss) and went to meetings. It made the discussion relatively uninteresting to him: climbing over me held more appeal.
Post a Comment