Linus and I have been taking care of a friend's baby now and then. I refer to it as the Rent-a-Baby program. I get a dose of mothering a baby and Linus gets a chance to use his caregiving talents. Grace is nine months old. She crawls really fast and is starting to pull herself up to standing. She also claps and has started waving bye-bye. Linus is great with her. He has been known to pull leaves out of her mouth when her mother and I have been distracted. He knows to keep little things out of her reach so that she doesn't choke on them. He is gentle with her, likes to tell her about the world, and gives her kisses. He LOVES to feed her and is a pro at it. He doesn't put too much food on the spoon and even uses the spoon to catch the big drips on her chin.
After we babysat the first time he told me, "I want to keep Grace forever." It was only a matter of time before this conversation took place:
Linus: Will you have another baby?
Me: No, I don't think that will happen.
Linus: Why?
Me: Pregnancy is really hard on my body.
Linus: Was it hard when you were pregnant with me?
Me: Yes, but you were worth every second of it. I am so lucky to have you!
2 comments:
Linus looks so cute feeding Grace!!
Irrelevant side note: Cosette has the same carseat as Grace!
What a sweetheart! I wonder if I was that sweet to Amy when we were little.
Post a Comment