Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Growing



Last week I started getting the idea that Linus might be having a growth spurt. He was sucking down milk all of the time, sleeping in, and tripping a lot. One day he even took a nap. Yes, a nap! It was a beautiful fall day and we were tackling a couple of new projects. We found a small book case in the alley and I bought a headboard for Linus off of Craig's List for $10. Score! We were cleaning them up and sanding them. After he got tired of helping with that, he hauled every single one of his plastic and wood animals outside to play. Quite a while later he announced that it was time for us to take breaks. He made a couple of trips into the house to bring out a cozy and books for us. I did need a break and I was touched that he'd gone to my bedside table and grabbed the top three books on the stack. So we rested and read books. Next thing I know, I realize he hasn't said anything or moved. He was leaning against my leg. When I pulled away and sat up, I could see that he was asleep. He NEVER naps any more! He was that tired out!

I took a picture of him napping because he looked so sweet.

By the way, he is awesome at sanding and staining. He totally gets the whole thing about going with the grain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so precious sleeping on the lawn. I bet that will always be one of your favorite pictures of him.

Star said...

I have a photo of Brandon asleep in his toddler bed with a bunny book across his chest. He had clearly fallen asleep reading the book when I was babysitting him, and I snapped a photo. I LOVE this picture. This photo of Linus reminds me of that. :)