At the end of last Halloween, Linus told me he wanted to be a turtle the next time. He never once changed his mind. About a month ago he said he wanted to be a sea turtle. I was going to sew him a costume, but then he asked for a hard shell. I chose to create it out of paper mache. He helped me tear up newspapers into strips and he stirred the paste, but he didn't like the messy part of dipping the strips into the paste. Sometimes he played nearby while I put on another layer and other times I worked on it while he was taking a bath or playing with Matthew.
As we got closer to painting it I asked him what color he wanted the turtle to be. I could tell that he was envisioning it as he gestured and described: "A white sea turtle. With a white shell and a pink front." So that is what I created for him. As he marched up the street to go trick-or-treating, I thought the costume suited him perfectly. He was a great sea turtle.
When we carved pumpkins, Linus only wanted his to have eyes. After Matthew carved those into it, Linus put pulp on the top of it to be stringy hair. He didn't want to have a candle in his. This is the first time that he had his own vision for his jack o'lantern.
4 comments:
His costume is wonderful and very "Linus". I also love his pumpkin. It's so much fun to see what the kids create.
What a great costume! He looks adorable. And I love his pumpkin!
i love the creativity he's showing
he looked so cute napping that I had to look at the picture bigger. so cute.
johanna was a princess for preschool, and on halloween she couldn't decide so she was a cat and an astronaut at the same time (she told everyone who asked).
Post a Comment