Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread House



We made our first gingerbread house together. Linus helped me make the dough and cut out the pieces. He and Matthew assembled it while I made the royal icing. I made the call the use a hot glue gun and to attach it to a shoe box because I could tell right away that it would be nearly impossible to assemble the uneven walls. I baked them on warped cookie sheets, so none of the walls were level. Of course Linus was very anxious for us to get to the decorating part and was thrilled with all of the candy we bought for it. Tonight I put a battery-operated tea light in it and we admired it with a glow shining through the windows. I had fun making the gingerbread owl, bunnies, and kids for it.

3 comments:

Star said...

I love the gingerbread owl! What a cute touch to a cute house. As always, Linus looks very handsome!

Anonymous said...

Sara said...is that icing on his mouth on the top picture?

Stacey said...

Yes, that is icing on his mouth. We were all nibbling on the candy as we worked on it.