Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow Day




It started snowing last night around 8 and it hasn't quit. Linus and I were excited to run out to the living room this morning and peek out the window to see how much we got. We had a blast playing in it. The little hill in the front yard is perfect for Linus to sled down. He kept giggling and had me throw snowballs at him while he sledded. I built up a little berm of snow to prevent him from flying into the street. When we went inside his cheeks were rosy, nose was runny, and the smile on his face was huge. Then he ate the half of his lunch he hadn't eaten earlier. We sat on the couch to take a break and he ended up taking an hour and a half long nap next to me. It was delightful to be snuggling with him, sipping tea, stitching on the ornament I'm making for Matthew, and gazing out at the snow coming down. The Christmas tree was lit and holiday music was playing. I guess what I'm saying is that I felt like I was in heaven. It also didn't hurt that we have numerous sweets in the house.

2 comments:

Star said...

I love the third picture...he looks absolutely delighted! What a cutie pie! Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope you finish Matthew's ornament!

stephanie said...

Good idea on building the berm. Zooming into the street would not be a happy ending. He looks so grown up in the third picture!