We took Linus ice skating for the first time. Friends told us about a wonderful lake in Evergreen that offers ice skating. It was a beautiful setting. Linus' first time on the ice started with a fall. Why? Because he jumped off the last step down onto the ice. He slipped and crashed right down. It was hard for me to keep from laughing. I helped him up and told him that he'd learned his first lesson: don't jump down onto the ice. He was really nervous about it in the beginning and after a trip to the bathroom within five minutes of our starting to skate, he started in asking for snack. We had to cheer him on and encourage him to keep trying. By the time we left he still needed to hold on to one of us, but he wasn't as nervous and proclaimed it "fun."
Monday, January 18, 2010
Ice Skating
We took Linus ice skating for the first time. Friends told us about a wonderful lake in Evergreen that offers ice skating. It was a beautiful setting. Linus' first time on the ice started with a fall. Why? Because he jumped off the last step down onto the ice. He slipped and crashed right down. It was hard for me to keep from laughing. I helped him up and told him that he'd learned his first lesson: don't jump down onto the ice. He was really nervous about it in the beginning and after a trip to the bathroom within five minutes of our starting to skate, he started in asking for snack. We had to cheer him on and encourage him to keep trying. By the time we left he still needed to hold on to one of us, but he wasn't as nervous and proclaimed it "fun."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ooh...I LOVE Evergreen. Our good friends got married there. John and I wanted to move there. It's so lovely and I'm envious of you that you live so close to it. Linus sure looks like a cutie on the ice!!
Gorgeous setting. And good for Linus for trying new things.
Hey! I recognize Matthew's hat! Stylin :)
How fun. Linus is such a lucky boy.
Post a Comment