We went to Falls Church, VA the first weekend of May to join the rest of the clan from Matthew's maternal side of the family. We came together to reminisce about Margaret White's life and everyone's experiences visiting there. We flew out there a day early so that we could visit the Natural History Museum. We chose this museum to feed Linus' craving for more knowledge of dinosaurs. Much of the time he looked like he does in the first photo. He was always pointing and asking what each dinosaur was. He had a blast there and he also loved riding the subway into DC for our second visit to the Natural History Museum. We managed to meet up with some of the family at the Air and Space Museum for lunch. A tourist took our picture with the cutout of Amelia Earhart.
The day spent at Margaret's was relaxing and enjoyable. It was delightful to sit outside for hours listening to birds singing, watching the kids play together, and catching up with everyone. The image of the buttercups blooming en masse in the field will stick with me forever.
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time! I wish we could have made it down, but traveling really isn't a practical option for us these days.
There's just something about dinosaurs that gives them universal kid appeal, I think. Have you guys discovered the Dinosaur Train show on PBS? It's a fairly silly premise, with a dinosaur family traveling on a magic time-tunneling train to meet different dinosaur species, but it give really fun information about lesser-known dinosaur species in a way that really young kids can understand. I learn new facts from pretty much every episode, and Wesley and Lorrie both just lap it up.
I love Linus' sweet, inquisitive face. I'm glad you had a nice trip, and I'm especially glad that Linus got to visit the museum more than once!!
I am so bummed that I missed you by a week!
Glad that Linus had fun.
Post a Comment