Now that our CSA has started delivering broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage, we have a steady supply of caterpillars to observe as they transform into butterflies. We've already released three butterflies and a moth. Linus is most excited about the inch worm that came home with us on cauliflower. He calls it Inchy and likes talking to it. We've cared for more than enough caterpillars if this were only a science lesson. I enjoy raising them as much as Linus and continue to pluck them from our produce and put them in our big glass bowl. I'm doubtful that I'll use that bowl for anything else this summer. The cute little things are nice to have around.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Lepidoptery
Now that our CSA has started delivering broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage, we have a steady supply of caterpillars to observe as they transform into butterflies. We've already released three butterflies and a moth. Linus is most excited about the inch worm that came home with us on cauliflower. He calls it Inchy and likes talking to it. We've cared for more than enough caterpillars if this were only a science lesson. I enjoy raising them as much as Linus and continue to pluck them from our produce and put them in our big glass bowl. I'm doubtful that I'll use that bowl for anything else this summer. The cute little things are nice to have around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Junie looked at the photo of Linus with the flowers and she told me, "Him so bew-a-full!" I agree!!
Post a Comment