Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!



We celebrated the beginning of 2011 with sledding in City Park. We finally got snow on December 30. All three of us were excited. While Matthew and I shoveled the sidewalk, Linus sledded down the little hill in our front yard. It was a cold day, around 11 degrees, and my extremities were freezing. So after lunch Matthew and Linus went sledding while I curled up on the couch under a quilt. Yesterday it was around 24 degrees and I joined them in the park. Linus told me that if I was scared going down by myself the first time, to let him know and he would tell me I would be okay. We had a fun time taking turns going down individually or with Linus. Linus only face-planted once and he was brave enough to try all of the lifts kids had made. Back at home we warmed up with cranberry scones and hot chocolate. Then we made rolled honey comb candles with a kit we received for Christmas. I made black eyed peas and rice for dinner and read Anna Karenina while Linus painted dinosaur figures and Matthew transferred files to his new computer.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Linus where very brave and cautious both about trying the bumps and jumps that bigger kids built and left for him at the park.