Planting peas
Playing in the yard
Linus invented a game he calls Evolution. He grabs a book that includes dinosaurs or early people, his compass, and our globe. He spins the globe around and around and then stops it when he decides time has entered a new era. He calls out which creatures have evolved or died out. It cracks me up that he pretends he has this much control.
He got a new teacher at preschool and he adjusted to the change just fine. He told me, "I don't need Dina." I asked him why not. He said, "I never need help with anything." I explained that she is responsible for planning all of the interesting activities they do. The kids adjusted to the change, but the parents are having a harder time of it. I really clicked with Kay and miss seeing her at school. His class went on a field trip to the zoo and got to be on the news for donating pennies for the new Pachyderm Exhibit.
Preparations are under way for his fifth birthday. We sent out the party invitations and next week I'm taking him to Target to get his portrait taken. Turning five is such a big deal to him and and friends.
4 comments:
how fun!
Sometimes I think parents have a harder time with change than children do. There's a local school district that's consolidating schools and the parents are all up in arms "This is the only school my child knows! You can't pull my kids away from their friends!"
My response is: "kids change schools when they go from elem to jr high, etc. Are you suggesting that they never leave elem school? You can't protect them from change." and "I grew up changing schools/cities/states/countries every 3 to 5 years. I grew up just fine and so will all these other kids who have to go to different schools."
I love his evolution game. So creative of him to think this up! I am a bit aghast that he's turning five. Seems unreal. Five seems so, so much older than four.
I think its nice to see a moment of Rough-housing with Mama.
Post a Comment