We hosted our 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard and kids ranging in age from 1 to 7 participated. I filled 146 eggs this year. That is the most I've ever done. Linus had fun with the event, but told me later that he was disappointed he didn't get to talk to everyone. Most of our gatherings have fewer guests and are planned so that we can meaningfully interact with each guest. The egg hunt is a different kind of activity-based event.
We colored eggs after the guests left. We colored a dozen eggs, but he wished he could do more. Even a dozen is almost too many for he and I to eat. (Matthew doesn't eat eggs.) After he ate his dinner, he went and rested on the couch. He looked completely worn out. It seemed like a good time to give him the quilt I made him for his fifth birthday. All that remains for me to do is hand stitch the binding onto it. I didn't want to delay any longer in giving it to him. He was very pleased with it and has been calling it his special quilt. Once I complete the binding, I'll post a photograph of it.
He still hasn't started eating the chocolate bunny that was in his Easter basket, but has been eating the jelly beans and gummy candies. He has been very generous with his candy and shared it with us.
3 comments:
He hasn't eaten the chocolate bunny? What's he waiting for? :)
He has finished the chocolate bunny now.
He has slept with the quilt pretty much every night since Stacey gave it to him.
I love that he is already attached to the quilt you made him!
Post a Comment