Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Eyelashes


I think Linus' eyelashes grew! A few days ago they became very noticeable. I'm sure they weren't that long before. I look at him all the time and would have noticed, right? They are light brown and long enough that they curl up. So precious.

He'll soon be moving into some clothes of the 3-6 month size range. We played mall last night and some new things fit. (To play mall, he tries on clothes to see what fits.) The pants and hat to his monkey outfit from Star and John fit, but I think the shirt might be big yet. He didn't try the shirt on yet. I can't wait to see the whole outfit on him. I had the monkey on the hat kiss him and talk to him. He really checked it out. The adorable bear outfit from Stephanie is fittting pretty well. The pants (Lyz- these are the yoga pants) fit pretty well and we will just have to cuff the sleeves of the teddy bear long-sleeved onesie. It sure felt funny slipping the matching bear booties on his feet. They are so shoe-like and he has just worn sock-like booties. Baby clothes are like all other clothes in that the size on the tag is only a rough estimate. For instance, two of his summer outfits are size 6-9 month and fit him now. Sara and Billy did a good job of eyeing those up. The other two outfits that are the same size and brand are too big. Strange. What this means is that every few weeks, while we are playing in his room, I go through his larger sized clothes to see what fits. Some onesie type clothes are long and narrow, some short and wide. If clothes look like they won't be too huge on him, then we play mall and he tries them on. Baby clothes are so much fun. It is like playing dolls. Thank you everyone for the great outfits you gave him!

This picture is of him in his farmer outfit from Stephanie and hat from Lyz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Linus likes playing dress up! What a happy, happy boy! :)

p.s. GREAT HAT! :)

Anonymous said...

He loves his outfit!!!! Baby clothes are screwy size-wise. But so are grown-up clothes.

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie! And such a happy baby.

This blog is such a wonderful gift to us and to Linus in the future.

Except when he is a teenager, in which case he will be mortified everytime you pull up these pages for his future romantic partner.

Anonymous said...

He does seem to be a happy child... Stacey has been doing a good job of catching smiles in photos. At first they were so elusive, but I think he's figured them out, and we've figured out the photographs better.

We do lack a good sound recording of him "talking" -- which will make his teenage mortification complete -- but we're working on it.