Monday, November 13, 2006

Table Food and the Pancake Pig




Last Friday the library celebrated Children's Book Week with pancake-themed story time and visits from the Pancake Pig and Little Critter. I adore the Pancake Pig from If You Give a Pig a Pancake. She's fun. So we went more for me to see the pig than for Linus. On Saturday we were eating dinner and had Linus in his high chair at the table. He was eyeing our food, so I gave him a taste of plain rice. He liked it okay so I put some on his tray. It helped that it was sticky; it made it easier for him to hold onto it and get some in his mouth. We had fun watching him manipulate the rice with his fingers.

I think he is teething, only because he was fussy all weekend and he is usually such a happy baby. My rheumatoid arthritis has moved into my jaw, so I joked that maybe Linus was having sympathy pain. Matthew suggested it was the other way around. In addition to being fussy, he isn't eating as much. Maybe he is working hard to have a tooth in time for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how he concentrates soooo hard in the first pic that it's like he's about to drool. And I bet he did drool, too.

good to know that literacy is alive and well in Green Bay.