Thursday, July 05, 2007

Flirtation




Last week it was dastardly hot and so I set up a little baby pool in the back yard for Linus. At first he sat down next to it and played in the water with a boat. I told him a few times that he could get in and then he stepped in and played while standing. He eventually sat down to play and splash. It was fun to hang out with him back there in the shade. And I was very happy to capture his coy look. This is the look he gives to the neighborhood women when they call out to him from their porches. He also gives it to our realtor now and then. He had never given it to me before and I happened to be snapping a picture just then.

Linus has been sick since Saturday evening. He suffered from a fever of 101 and he didn't sleep well. He also cried a lot. His fever went away and it was followed by a rash. I took him into the doctor on Tuesday and he was diagnosed with head, foot, and mouth disease. He also had the beginning of his very first ear infection. So he is on an antibiotic for the ear infection and he can't be around other kids until his rash heals. That is when he'll no longer be contagious. It isn't very fun being stuck in the house. The temperature cooled down some and it would have been a good day to go to the zoo. We'll play in the back yard when he gets up from his nap and go for a walk this evening. We'll just keep him away from kids. He started feeling better yesterday. Thank heavens. It is nice to have my happy baby back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope Linus feels better soon! He does look like quite the little charmer in the flirty photo.

Anonymous said...

HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE? I had that a few years ago. The doctor had no clue how I had it as an adult!!!

Love, Aunt Sara

Anonymous said...

Oooh, he is quite the flirt. Yikes! No air conditioning! We're hearing on the news how hot it is where you are.