As I mentioned before, Linus has become very interested in sitting in chairs. He also sits on the vacuum cleaner, my head if I'm lying on the floor, and the step stool. Over the weekend he figured out how to climb up onto the dining room chairs, but he dances around up there instead of sitting down. Yesterday the chair flipped over backwards and he hit his head. So far today he hasn't climbed the chairs.
He is also interested in eating out of little containers. I put his fruit or crackers in little bowls for him and he gets a kick out of it. He also enjoys pulling crackers out of ziplock bags.
Our realtor gave Linus a soccer ball and showed him how to kick it. He wouldn't kick it with her, but when we took it out to our back yard he kicked it around with me.
Linus is able to point to my eyes, nose, mouth, and sometimes ears, but he won't point to anything of his except for his nose. One day he'll suddenly be able to do it, as that is his way.
6 comments:
I love his little sandals. He looks like such a busy little boy.
You sound so calm about little Linus falling and hitting his head, instead of freaking out about it and his other bumps and scrapes.
Perhaps it's all that I read about overprotective helicopter parents who practically wrap their kids in bubble wrap and use antibacterial gel on everything.
Stacey looked a little upset when Linus conked himself on Baby Bones at the museum but that was primarily because he was going to have a giant bruise on his head for his birthday party.
Brandon and I talked about the Great Conking Incident this morning because he's wearing his Big Mama and Baby Bones shirt.
When Linus falls I typically only have minor freak-outs. Toddlers fall all of the time as they learn how to run, walk over rocks, climb things, etc. I'm getting used to it. I worry until I know he is okay and then I get over it. Bruises and scrapes will heal. When the chair tipped over, he was more scared than hurt. Hugs and kisses took care of that in short order.
And for the record, I don't buy antibacterial soap; we use regular hand soap. Besides, I read recently that food can be on the floor for a minute before germs get on it!
So it's not the 5-second rule, it's the 60 second rule now.
No no, really-- you blow off the dust and consequently blow on the germs...;)
The news here a few days ago talked about the yummy taste of antibacterial gel and the dr. interviewed said as little as a teaspoon of the stuff is bad for little kids.
Jean
Post a Comment