Friday, April 25, 2008

So Big

When I look at where his 2-year line is on his growth chart, I think of how big Linus is.  Matthew and I were reminiscing last night how much he has grown. I remembered how little he was lying next to me in the hospital bed the day after he was born.  Matthew recalled washing Linus' hair within the first few hours of his life.  Compared to other kids though, he isn't all that big.  At his doctor appointment we found out that he weighs 26 pounds and is 34.5 inches tall. That puts him in the 30th percentile for weight and 60th for height. His head is still big; he is in the 85th percentile for that.  All those brains!

The doctor was pleased to hear that Linus has good eating and sleeping habits.  Me, too!  For the most part he eats whatever we eat.  He is back on a yogurt kick again.  He had three yogurts the other day.  

Something else to catch you up on the time when I wasn't able to blog:  Linus said I love you to me about two weeks ago.  I was weeding in the back yard and he was playing. He hurt himself and came over for a hug.  As he hugged me back he said, "I love you."  This was the first time he has said it with all three words and unprompted.  It was a beautiful moment.

This picture probably captures his first fake smile. I asked him to smile for the picture, which I never do, and this is what I got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even his fake smile is cute!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara says: I love his fake smile. I have a few pictures of Brandon with a fake smile, it must be a kid thing. Congrats on the I Love You. That is so sweet.