At dinner last night Linus said he wanted Junie to come over and play. He said he would feed her yogurt, o's, and cheese.
At the zoo today we encountered numerous peacocks strutting their stuff for the peahens. Linus wanted to hug them, of course. I had to keep a close eye on him so he wouldn't interfere with their rituals. Their tails were open wide and we were very close to them. At one point Linus was walking along a wall and from down below a peacock brushed its feathers against him. He talked about it on the way home, as that was a highlight for him. I could hardly pull him out of the zoo and we'd been there for three hours.
When Linus has a crabby fit I usually ask him if he needs to go to his room and take a break. When we got back from the zoo he was tired and crabby. He announced, "Go in room. Take a break." Then I heard his door shut. He came back out after a few minutes and we had a pleasant lunch together. It is gratifying to know that he is learning how to manage his feelings.
1 comment:
Yay!!! This made my whole day!!! So cute! Any kid that shares O's with Junie is first on her list!!
Post a Comment