Tomorrow the three of us are visiting our first preschool that we are considering for Linus. At the moment I'm feeling sad about it and don't want to go for the tour. I'm not ready to send him out into the world without me. My friend, Paige, reminded me that it will only be about five hours a week and I'll be able to handle it. I suppose I will, but it doesn't mean my heart won't break a bit when we reach this milestone next fall.
3 comments:
Linus looks so handsome in the white turtleneck! Oh be still my heart! Beautiful inside and outside.
When Matthew started nursery school, I had it all planned out to start a brand new Danish cross stitch project I had been saving. (It's the one over the mantle) It took me 4 years to finish it, but it was a way of getting through that first day.
Matthew's comment at the end of the first day was that it was fine-- "I was going to be sad but I forgot" is what he said.
What kind of cookies did you make? I thought at first the ones in the picture were the gingerbread corduroy things from the cookie press but they look more like fudge squares?
Love the turleneck on Linus. He's adorable.
Stephanie, the recipe is for ginger snaps. It makes awesome cookies in Wisconsin, but only so-so here at 5,280 feet. You make the dough, put it into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap, freeze it overnight, then bake when you are ready. You take it out of the plastic and slice it thin for crisp cookies and thick for soft cookies. You cut each slice in half. The ragged edges on them disappears when you bake them. It told Matthew I'm not making them again at high altitude. They taste fine but flatten out so much they are very attractive.
Post a Comment