With trains in our house, very little is the same as before. Strangely, Linus' favorite activity is to pretend to shop for trains. He loads all of his trains, cars, trucks, etc. into his shopping cart and has me ring him up at the kitchen counter. Personally, I'm rather bored with this, but I am getting better at remembering each engine's name. It seems that no matter what we are doing, Linus mentions the Thomas trains. Any time we walk anywhere he insists on leading the way and being Thomas and he relegates us to being Annie and Clarabell. It is nearly impossible to dress him any time before 10 a.m. because he is too busy playing to stop for even a couple of minutes.
Posted is a picture of Linus actually playing something else. He thinks it is funny to knock down the bowling pins. I have to keep reminding him to back up so he doesn't knock the pins over directly with his hands.
Tidbits:
When he left for work Matthew told Linus, "Have a good Wednesday." Linus laughed and said, "That's funny." Matthew was already gone when Linus repeated it to himself and laughed again.
We were dancing around pretending to do ballet and he told me, "You're supposed to leap way up in the air!" Then he said, "That might not be a good idea for me."
When we were decorating the Christmas tree he enjoyed unpacking the homemade ornaments. He kept exclaiming how cute they were. When he saw the one I made for his first Christmas he said, "I like this one best. Mama made it for me."
We were out shopping and while standing in a check out line he started up a conversation with a girl who was around four years old.
L: I'm wearing a coat.
Girl: I'm wearing a new shirt.
L: I got Diggity Dog.
Girl: I have no idea what he is talking about.
When Matthew returned to work after being home five days for Christmas, Linus and I both missed him. He said, "I miss Matthew. You miss Matthew. Matthew misses his self."
Today it is 60 degrees so Linus and I packed up a little picnic to eat at the Garden. We were watching the construction just outside the entrance and then Linus grabbed my hand to pull me into the Garden because "Matthew is lonely." Matthew joined us for a picnic and Linus told Matthew, "I miss you. It is fun when you stay home all morning. I miss you, but mama keeps me company."
2 comments:
Tee-hee. I love the conversation between Linus and the little girl at the grocery store. Kid conversations are so funny!!
This kind of support from a two year old is very heartwarming.
Post a Comment