A few weeks ago I gave Linus his first hands-on knife lesson and had him slice up two zucchini for the pasta dish we made together for supper. He is very good about listening to and following directions. I kept a very close eye on him the entire time and was impressed at how careful he was being.
He tends to be a careful kid. He climbs down things instead of jumping off of them and he is cautious as he climbs tall structures at the play ground. For the most part he makes sound decisions regarding safety. Even so, I don't let my guard down too much. I can just imagine trying to explain to the emergency room personnel why my two-year-old was using a knife.
A few days ago I accidentally tipped over the kitchen trash can and it made a loud thump sound. Linus called in from the living room, "Are you okay mama? Do you need me?" He truly is a sweetheart.
2 comments:
He IS very sweet. What a good helper he is, too!!
Did you say "Yes, I do need you!" ?
Post a Comment