Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Favorites


Linus' favorite undies, the Thomas ones, photographed because as I folded the laundry I was musing over how cute little kid underwear is.




Linus has been telling me that a number of things are his favorite. When he tells me this he says "favorite" in that intense, drawn-out way that is mostly used by kids. I must admit that I still use it now and then.

Tonight he came into my office* and heard the Wisconsin Public Radio classical station streaming on my computer. He said that the music was lovely. I told him it was piano music and he said, "Pianos are my favorite." "They are?" I asked. "Yes. And bass drums, horns, and fifes."

Over breakfast we were discussing what to buy his friend Lena for her birthday and he thought she would like Thomas trains. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said, "Morning glories. I like morning glories best."

He also said, "Candles are my favorite part of a birthday cake."

*As a stay-at-home mom who has always had a craft room, I'm finding that I need to clearly define whether I'm going downstairs to craft or to do work on my business. I'm trying out referring to the room as my office when I'm doing work. I showed Linus the logo concepts I got back from the designer and his favorite was the one everyone I've showed it to liked least. It has a lighthouse in it. It is pleasant to look at but has nothing to do with the business.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linus can have the lighthouse logo for his business: Linus' House of Fifes and Morning Glories

Anonymous said...

when will we see the logo?

Anonymous said...

Has the business got an official name?
Jean

Stacey said...

I named the business The Scholar's Muse. I'll reveal the logo early next week. I'm quite excited to have a visual representation of my project. I'm also impressed with myself for not going with a red logo, since red has been my color all of my life. I managed to put my personal tastes aside and went with what color psychology and marketing experts reveals.

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee. Linus is going to blush when he grows up and finds out you posted photos of his undies! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's alright that you're not updating the blog since I know you're busy but the top picture is Linus' underwear!!!!