Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunshine and Clouds




It was a rough week in some ways. Linus threw so many tantrums this week. I think it is just a developmental phase coming with turning three soon.

We had a few really warm days and we played outside a lot. Linus found the first ladybug of the year and one day he played with a friend. They stacked rocks and grass in his wagon to make a giraffe habitat. He also had fun helping me water bushes and trees. He played a lot with the garden hose. He usually pretends he is watering zoo animals.

We were out in the car and drove by a CBS affiliate. He saw the logo and told me, "They sell eyes." When I asked, "They do?" He said, "Yes, to put on your face. And eyebrows to put above your eyes."

Over breakfast this morning we talked with Linus about giving up his pacifier. I told him that sometimes when a kid outgrows their bink, they give it to a baby. He quickly came back with, "The baby would tell me to keep it, its yours." The dentist told me he can see where sucking on the pacifier is starting to impact Linus' mouth. Linus won't hear any of it.

In the first picture, if you look closely, you'll see the very first letter Linus has ever written. He wrote an L. It is hard to see because he continued writing around it and the train shows through from the other side. Look near the train's eyes. Linus was using my mechanical pencil and he told me he wrote a letter. When I asked which one, he said an L. I went to look and was amazed that he had, indeed, written an L. Sure, it is backwards. It is still very exciting, especially since I haven't tried to teach him how to write yet.

In the second picture he is eating candy with the birthday girl. Barrett turned three and had a princess/knight-themed party. The kids all got dress up clothes to wear. Linus didn't know what a knight was. I said that knights protect the realm, help people in need, and get to ride horses.

The third picture shows him playing with sidewalk chalk on our patio.

No comments: