Sunday, August 16, 2009

Soccer




Soccer has ended for the season. Linus enjoyed it for the most part. The coach for his team bailed out on the kids and didn't show up for the final three games. The parents stepped in and coached them. My contribution was to tell each of them how they were doing great. For the final game, the staff person from the Y asked for a volunteer to distribute the participation medals. I jumped at the chance. I greatly enjoyed putting them around each child's neck. So far the only thing that Linus seems to have learned from the experience was how to blow bubbles with his spit and have them stick to his lower lip. He learned this from Isis, the girl in the middle of the team picture.

3 comments:

Star said...

Linus is so cute in all of these photos.

Oh, the things our children learn from other kids. Sigh. There's no way to avoid it, I suppose.

stephanie said...

The coach stopped showing up??? Pretty lame to bail out on 3 year olds.

Anonymous said...

Sara said....he is so cute in his soccer uniform. He looks so grown up!