For the second year in a row, Linus participated in the Fourth of July kiddie parade at a nearby park. Sadly, I was sick in bed with a nasty stomach virus. I am disappointed I missed the event, especially getting to help him decorate his scooter. He returned home with tales of riding the route and hearing a band play. He also ran into Declan, a boy from his preschool class. That evening Matthew and Linus went to picnic in the park for the jazz concert and I stayed on the couch and tried to keep Saltines down.
We signed Linus up for the same little summer camp that he attended last summer. For the month of July he attends for two hours on Wednesdays and Fridays. The kids eat lunch together, play outside, and then do organized activities. On Wednesdays he has music and on Fridays they play active games. When I pick him up he is always happy, tired, and sweaty. Excellent!
He continues to be interested in dragons and dinosaurs. He has also been checking out books about prehistoric sea creatures and early humans. When books say that dragons aren't real, he says, "But I'll find dragon fossils!" Now wouldn't that be an amazing accomplishment?!
Tonight while I was cooking dinner he came into the kitchen exclaiming, "Wow! Dinner smells really good! Thank you for making dinner!" Awwwww. I'm so glad he appreciates it.
3 comments:
I LOVE your updates. I wish we lived closer, as I think Junie and Linus would be the best of friends. They could talk about dragons, because Junie also loves them! He looks so cute on his scooter. Sorry you had to miss it!
Argh! Blog layout changes! Can't...adjust....to...change...
I like his balloon octopus.
Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment