We went out to Berry Patch Farms to pick black raspberries last month. Linus and I have gone out at least twice each summer that we have lived here. We have such a blast together. He giggled at a fancy chicken with a mop of feathers on top of its head and he thought it was great fun to ride in a tractor-pulled wagon. He has grown into an amazing berry picker. He is so focused and pick, pick, picks. We left with a harvest of seven pints. After a snack on the porch, while watching the chickens and potbellied pig wander around, we went home and cranked out two batches of jam and a pie. We were exhausted by the end of that day! We'll head out again soon to pick strawberries.
Friday, August 06, 2010
Berry Picking
We went out to Berry Patch Farms to pick black raspberries last month. Linus and I have gone out at least twice each summer that we have lived here. We have such a blast together. He giggled at a fancy chicken with a mop of feathers on top of its head and he thought it was great fun to ride in a tractor-pulled wagon. He has grown into an amazing berry picker. He is so focused and pick, pick, picks. We left with a harvest of seven pints. After a snack on the porch, while watching the chickens and potbellied pig wander around, we went home and cranked out two batches of jam and a pie. We were exhausted by the end of that day! We'll head out again soon to pick strawberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE his berry-stained shirt and face! Such a cutie. I'd berry-pick with him anytime!
I imagine it must be easy when the berries are eye-level, and sweet. have fun with strawberries.
He looks really tall in these pictures. I love that pig. He's totally chilling out, posing for pictures.
Post a Comment