Sunday, January 02, 2011

Christmas






We were invited to Rich's and Lisa's house for Christmas Eve dinner, along with all of our neighborhood friends. Rich cooked us a traditional Italian Christmas dinner and the rest of us brought appetizers and desserts. It was such a pleasant evening eating, drinking, and laughing together. Linus chose to wear his reindeer antlers headband for the party. Lisa even pulled out a light-up Rudolph nose for him to wear. He and Grace took turns with it.

We celebrated Christmas at home by opening gifts, eating Christmas cookies, and attempting to have cheese fondue for dinner. The dinner was a flop: the cheese seized up and we couldn't dip anything into it. We have enjoyed having Matthew home for four days the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's. He and Linus have spent a lot of time playing with Linus' new train set. We've also had a lot of fun watching the class gerbils over winter break. It will be hard to part with them tomorrow.

(The top picture is from the singing party at Wendy's and Lon's house. Linus is wearing the jester hat that was worn by the man playing the fool during the flash mob presentation of part of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. It was a 40th birthday gift for me, a bit belated. He played the lolly pop-looking drum most of the evening.)

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Linus has realized that I am good for building things and "setting them up" although sometimes I wanter off to read the paper nearby while he really gets going.

Star said...

What a wonderful train set! And Matthew, Junie does the same thing with me...she'll ask me to play trains with her, but after I set the track up, she wants me to scoot off and leave her to play by herself. I'm always happy to oblige!

BryAnn said...

someone arranged a flash mob to perform Twelveth Night in honor of your 40th birthday? How awesome!

Okay, I'm guessing that's not how it happened, but I like to think it was.