Linus says it is a lot of fun being five and that he'll be able to do new things this year. When I asked him what things, he said, "I don't know. Lots of things!" It is fun to see how proud kids are when they turn five. Four of his friends came to the house for his birthday party. He invited Ravi and Grace from his current class at school, Audrey from last year's class, and Barrett, whom he has know since he was about 18 months old. He really wanted Oscar to come, but he was out of town for vacation. I planned a couple of space-themed activities and then let the kids just play. The weather was perfect, which meant I could have most of the party in the back yard. This was ideal. We recently inherited an electric bubble blower and the kids had a very giggly time dancing and playing around in the bubbles that blew around the yard. It was a beautiful sight! Matthew and I had fun hosting our very first party without the kids' parents present. Linus' friends are polite and very well behaved. Linus giggled a lot and has happy memories of his celebration.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Five!
Linus says it is a lot of fun being five and that he'll be able to do new things this year. When I asked him what things, he said, "I don't know. Lots of things!" It is fun to see how proud kids are when they turn five. Four of his friends came to the house for his birthday party. He invited Ravi and Grace from his current class at school, Audrey from last year's class, and Barrett, whom he has know since he was about 18 months old. He really wanted Oscar to come, but he was out of town for vacation. I planned a couple of space-themed activities and then let the kids just play. The weather was perfect, which meant I could have most of the party in the back yard. This was ideal. We recently inherited an electric bubble blower and the kids had a very giggly time dancing and playing around in the bubbles that blew around the yard. It was a beautiful sight! Matthew and I had fun hosting our very first party without the kids' parents present. Linus' friends are polite and very well behaved. Linus giggled a lot and has happy memories of his celebration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He looks so tall!
OMG, he seems huge to me sometimes.
Post a Comment