I was tickled pink with one of my Mother's Day cards from Linus. He drew a picture of Shakespeare for me, "because you love Shakespeare!" He knows me well. He also drew a few of the babies we know and included himself because he is my baby. I lost track of how many times he cheerily wished me a happy Mother's Day. At school he painted a terra cotta pot for me and planted a yellow snapdragon in it. He apologized for the flower not being red (red wasn't an option), but he knew I loved snapdragons. He was charming and adorable. He and Matthew also made me chocolate chip pancakes and bought me fancy chocolate. I was in heaven. I treasure my role as his mom.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Mother's Day
I was tickled pink with one of my Mother's Day cards from Linus. He drew a picture of Shakespeare for me, "because you love Shakespeare!" He knows me well. He also drew a few of the babies we know and included himself because he is my baby. I lost track of how many times he cheerily wished me a happy Mother's Day. At school he painted a terra cotta pot for me and planted a yellow snapdragon in it. He apologized for the flower not being red (red wasn't an option), but he knew I loved snapdragons. He was charming and adorable. He and Matthew also made me chocolate chip pancakes and bought me fancy chocolate. I was in heaven. I treasure my role as his mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Linus is a charming sweetheart. How lucky he is to have you as a mommy!
Save that flower pot!! It will become a family treasure. I still have the bookmark Matthew made me in first grade and a flower pot with a cactus in it from nursery school.
love,
Jean
Awwwwwwwww
Post a Comment