Friday, September 29, 2006

Stringy Green Beans


My first attempt at making Linus some baby food was a flop. I made him green beans and they were way too stringy after I put them through the food mill. He ended up just sipping the juice. I've since read online that it is hard to make green beans and peas into baby food at home because of their skins. So I bought him a few jars of green beans at the store. I'm going to try making him some zucchini and peaches. Plus, I think I'll put them in the blender instead of through the food mill and see how that works.

We had fun together at baby class yesterday. He was the oldest one there this time. The youngest was next to us and he was five months old and very tiny. He was born three weeks early.

Peter, Betsy, and little Wesley arrive this morning and I'm excited to see how the two little ones interact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linus has quite the social life! I never used the blender to make food when Brandon was Linus' age but as soon as he could handle things with a little texture he went straight to table food so he wasn't on Gerber foods very long. Brandon loved cold peas taken from the freezer and just slightly thawed, cottage cheese, canned carrots. Those baby foods are so cute in their little jars but it's really a waste of money considering you can buy a whole jar of natural applesauce at the price of a 3 pack of "baby food applesauce".