


We had a fun weekend in Madison at Sara's and Billy's for our annual Crease Craft Extravaganza and my birthday. As you can see here from Linus picking out stamps to use, he got into the crafting. For much of the time, Susan played with Linus while Sara worked on Susan's scrapbook for her. Linus also modeled his lobster costume. He got to sleep in the room that has the six baby turtles swimming around. He watched them while trying to settle down for his naps.
The adults enjoyed lots of food like peanut butter pie for my birthday, a pomegranate, chips and dip, and pumpkin pies from McDonald's to celebrate Sara having quit working there six years ago. Let's see, how long ago did I work at McDonald's? 15 years.
With all the talking, eating, and baby kissing we did manage to squeeze in a bit of crafting. Stephanie stamped words onto mats for collage frames, Sara completed two layouts for Susan's scrapbook about her dog, Lucy, and one layout for herself; and I completed three scrapbook layouts. Matthew played on Billy's computer and ate Halloween candy.
3 comments:
Linus was a great addition to the crafting weekend. Other than eating way too much taco dip way too fast and upsetting my stomach, I had a wonderful time with all of you. And the construction man from downstairs who thinks I'm rude. : )
In case people wonder about the rudeness thing:
When the construction guy came upstairs to tell Sara and Billy he was leaving for the night, I happened to be on the phone with Brian which the guy couldn't see because I was holding it on the opposite ear from where he was standing. Brian was being crabby about something so I got huffy and just as the construction guy said he was leaving I said, "fine then, bye" in a very short manner. I was speaking to Brian of course but the poor construction guy didn't know that and thought I was saying it to him which was quite rude! Everyone got quite a laugh out of it. In fact, I had to tell Brian I would call him back because I was laughing too hard to argue with him!
Here's a blog that I just discovered. The author lives in England and she blogs about crafts, books, gardening, etc. Today's post (Nov 13, 2006) is about a visit to the Tate museum and how the art there has inspired her color choices in quilting.
http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/
Post a Comment