

Linus didn't make it to the polls with us last night because he was worn out from a fun afternoon of playing with Johanna. He also got to hear Alex play music. I'm very tired this morning. I didn't sleep well because I was thinking about the election. In general I'm feeling pretty pleased with the results. I'm in shock that Steve Kagen beat out John Gard for Congress. Wow! That was such an ugly campaign and the Gard supporters don't play nice. They never have. Hee, hee; John Gard will be out of political office for a while. We are really happy that our Democratic governor was reelected, the first Democrat to be reelected for governor in 33 years. I'm sad that Kathleen Falk didn't win the attorney general seat. She'd be a great attorney general. Also sad that the marriage amendment passed. The death penalty one did too, but the governor will veto it. Anyway.... lots about the election and less about Linus, but Linus will be impacted by who is in office, so it is relevant to this blog.
At the moment, he is squealing in his crib. He is supposed to be napping.
In this picture that Alex took, Matthew was excited to see this vintage Fisher-Price toy. He remembers one just like it.
3 comments:
My friend Scott who is gay said "I'll gladly be a second class citizen in exchange for control of both the House and the Senate" so I thought that was a nice attitude. He's used to the nonsense I think.
So sad about the civil union ban in Wis. On the other hand, the proposed ban on all abortions in South Dakota was defeated.
Ooh..I love Johanna's outfit and hat. How cute and cuddly she looks! Linus looks like he's good at sharing toys!
Post a Comment