Friday, March 09, 2007

First Museum Visit





I took Linus to the Fox Cities Children's Museum in Appleton this morning. The woman at the front desk cautioned me that I may feel we weren't getting our money's worth since the museum was geared more for older youngsters. I thanked her for warning me but said it was okay because we were looking for something new to do to get out of the house. Plus, I knew Linus would enjoy being around kids. He had a very fun time playing with toy pizza in the kid store, a real stethoscope in the doll hospital, bean bags and fabric blocks in the Happy Baby Garden, as well as watching all of the children running around. He lasted an hour and a half. Then we went to a nearby coffee shop for a snack before heading home. While we were snacking, he liked interacting with a young woman who was studying at the table closest to us. She played peekaboo with him behind her papers. And when he bobbed his head to the music that was playing, she joined him.

No comments: