Here are some random things about Linus at 19 3/4 months:
--He has started saying thank you without being prompted. At the library on Saturday an older boy was handing him plastic animals and Linus thanked him. I was so very proud of him. Reminds me yet again of Brandon's early courtesy development.
--He now tells us when he has pooed. He'll say, "Poo," and point to his diaper, or he'll say, "Diaper." I'll say, "Should I change you?" and he heads to his changing table. This is the first step toward his being potty trained. Every little boy I know hasn't mastered it until he was three, so I'm under no delusion that Linus will potty train any earlier. Sometimes he says poo and he hasn't. Maybe he felt the urge? Who knows? Today he said poo right before he very obviously pooed. Getting there kiddo, step by step.
--He has become aware of gender. He has correctly identified people as boys and girls. Lucero points out that boys have penises and girls have vaginas, but Linus hasn't started asking about that yet.
We had to mail Flat Stanley back to Wisconsin today. We'll miss him. Here is a picture of him posing with Matthew and Linus at a public art installation outside the library.
1 comment:
That is one big chair! Linus looks especially tiny next to it. The boys at our playgroup this morning were all about kissing Juniper and chattering and showing affection to her. They are about the same age as Linus, so I thought of him.
Post a Comment