Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fun and Games


We joined Chase and her mom at the Museum of Nature and Science this morning. The place was a madhouse with field trip kids. Even the Discovery Zone was full with toddlers. Linus spent about 15 minutes playing with wood cylinders. They are designed for older kids to pick them up and try to pair them up based on weight. Linus had fun stacking them, dumping them out of their box, putting them back in, and dropping them into another activity. The volunteer behind the counter said that Linus has an amazing attention span for someone his age. I beamed with pride, of course. When we parted from Chase and Langley, Chase blew Linus a kiss and he blew one back. He has never done that before!

After his nap I'm going to introduce him to a new game to see if he likes it. I read that toddlers like to play at washing dishes. I'm going to put a chair up to the kitchen sink and fill it with plastic bowls and dish soap and let him play.

Here is Linus "playing" at the computer. I set the font size to be rather large and let him type. The Waldorf school people would disdain this game because they don't think kids should use computers at all until they are in high school or something like that. While I don't let Linus play computer games yet, I think typing is a good way for him to experience the alphabet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the dishwashing go? Did he have fun?

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute with his legs out like that, with his hands on the keyboard, and looking so attentively (I assume) at the screen.