Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Book Fiend



As you all know, Linus adores books.  I got these pictures yesterday and today.  Yesterday I read to him in the living room and then he took me into his room.  He pulled down all of his stuffed animals, put one cozy on me and one on himself, and then proceeded to look at every single book that was there.  He read them and I sat there and watched.  This morning I was reading with him in the living room and I had to go do some things, so I tucked him in with his choice of book.  

Linus is picking up a lot of knowledge from his books.  Last week he told Matthew, "Bird. Beak. Nectar."  I helped out and said, "Yes, the hummingbird uses its beak to drink nectar."  Smart little kid.  

We have been having some rough nights lately with him.  He wakes up asking for me and then has a tantrum when Matthew returns him to his crib.  Monday night he was up between 10 and 1.  We were all wiped out yesterday. I encountered our new duplex neighbors and asked if they heard Linus screaming in the night.  I was mortified to hear that they could. I apologized profusely.  They were nice about it, but I feel terrible.  I guess I'll be shoveling their sidewalk for the rest of winter to try to stay in their good graces.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...hope the nights get better for you all. Glad to see he loves his books!!

Anonymous said...

Next time you and Linus bake cookies, take some over to your neighbors. And have Linus hand them over.

That should help things.

Sorry to hear he's not happy. Hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Brandon would go through weird sleep phases too. It always passed after a short time.