Linus has a thriving imagination and I like to think it is so rich because of all of the books we have read together. I can't help but compare him to the other little ones I know and think that he has a far superior imagination. But I'm also conscious of the fact that young children tend to only reveal their true selves to those closest to them, so maybe that is why I haven't witnessed the vivid imaginations of anyone under the age of three. Even so, I'm tickled pink with the fun games Linus dreams up for us.
When we were out east for Christmas, he was sitting on my lap after dinner one evening and he started pretending to feed me with my spoon. When I asked him what he was feeding me, he said it was pie. After each pretend bite, I'd say yum and name a different kind of pie. It became a spontaneous game for Matthew and Jean to join in with pie suggestions.
On the airplane heading back home, Linus spread his lovey on my chest and said, "Apron." Then he said, "Cook." When I asked him what I should cook, he said, "Sauce." I proceeded to talk through the steps of making tomato sauce and then he declared it "yummy." We played a few rounds of this game.
Here he is helping grandma make a coffee cake.
1 comment:
Linus does seem quite imaginative. I don't remember Brandon being that way at all. (We read books too, don't judge us!)
Post a Comment