Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Interdependent




I've been coping better with Linus' tantrums.  I adjusted my response to them and now I'm usually able to keep them from escalating.  Plus, I got him a used book called C is for Curious: An ABC of emotions.  He is learning some great words to express how he feels.  Such as angry, tearful, loving, and kind.  He is also learning xenophobic and zealous, but we haven't used those words with him in conversation.
We took a rare trip to the mall together on Monday and he played on the breakfast food.  The play area has waffles, banana slices, bacon, blueberries, and a bowl of cereal for young kids to climb on.  At times he ran off to play without paying attention to where I was.  I was proud of his courage, but then nearly freaked out when I couldn't see him in the bowl of cereal.  I think we are both going through a developmental phase. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The third picture is like "Where's Waldo?" Only in this case, it's "Where's Linus?" Wow, he's so adventerous, climbing on eggs and such!

Anonymous said...

At our mall the kids can play on electrical stuff (light bulb etc) because it's sponsored by the local electric company.

It's so hard to watch them grow up and need you less and less. Today the giant cereal bowl, tomorrow Harvard!